Packaging fulfils an important function: It protects the products during transport and ensures that all products arrive at our customers undamaged. König + Neurath aims to minimise the packaging used. We apply the following measures to ensure we use as much packaging as necessary and as little as possible:
- We use reusable furniture covers. (These furniture covers were introduced back in 1993)
- With desks we only use cardboard packaging to protect the edges and legs, the desktops are unprotected.
- We use LDPE (Low Density Polyethylene) wraps to protect the seating during transport, and in 2021 we reduced the thickness of these from 90 μm to 60 μm. This represents a material saving of 33 %.
- The cardboard used is 80–90 % recycled material.
- As we operate our own vehicle fleet, packaging can be transported back and reused.